Below the Line is a weekly 30-minute show exploring the behind the scenes processes of the Film and Television industries, specifically in regards to the below the line positions that really allow a film or tv show to be made. This includes grips, camera Assistants, make-up artists, prop-masters, the wardrobe team, and almost every other credit you see during the credit roll at the end of a film. If you’re looking to learn a little more about how the industry works, the types of positions that exist on a set, or even just watch some cool behind the scenes footage with some real LA based filmmakers, this is the show for you!
During our first season we interviewed guests including:
- Tom Sito (Animator of Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, and many more classics)
- Michael Fink (senior visual effects supervisor on Life of Pi, The Golden Compass, Tron Legacy, and more)
- Larry Blanford (Director of Photography: Second Unit on X-Men: Apocalypse, Iron Man 3, Fantastic Four, and more)
- Doug Spice (Director at Psychic Bunny – an LA-based independent production company)
- Justin Sterling (Entertainment lawyer)
- John Elerick (Tosh.o director/editor)
- and more….
Our segments are designed to be informative and fun challenges, visits, or showcases all to do with below the line positions. For example:
- A behind the scenes private tour of Universal’s Halloween Horror Nights to talk about the production design
- An editing challenge to unveil the craft of an editor
- Looking at how society views different aspects of the industry by going out and asking people on the street some questions
- A special effects make-up challenge to see what goes into special effects make-up and have fun trying it ourselves
- And much more….
Tune in every Tuesday morning from 11:00am-11:30am to learn about how your favorite shows and films are put together, and who is really responsible for doing it!